- Take time to take care of yourself and your family. Reach out to others to offer and receive support.
- Events like this can cause feelings of uncertainty and anxiety since no one knows for sure what will happen next. Remember that it’s okay to feel nervous.
- Eat healthy, drink plenty of water and get enough rest.
- Be patient with yourself and others. It’s common to have any number of temporary stress reactions such as anger, frustration, anxiety or difficulty sleeping.
- Parents should let children talk about their fears and then reassure them about their safety.
- People should also be careful not to overexpose themselves to media reports about the storm.
Emotional Recovery After Disaster