- Buy fireworks from reliable vendors. Never experiment and make your own.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Keep at least 20 feet away from any structure.
- Wear eye protection.
- Never shoot fireworks out of metal or glass containers.
- Never re-light a ‘dud’ firework. Instead wait 15-20 minutes, then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Always supervise children when using ANY type of firework.
- Don’t underestimate the danger of safe novelties. 3 sparklers burning together generate the heat of a blowtorch (2,000 degrees Fahrenheit). – Whoa!
- Dispose of fireworks properly: Soak them in water, then place in a trash can.
Fireworks Safety Tips